Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hey Y'all! This is Chloe Martin, the New Vision Urban Missions Intern. I just wanted to say a few things about this group as they head back to their home in Chicago!

There is something special about a group of people who come on a mission trip for a week & it ends up feeling like a month. And there was part of me that would have hopped on that plane with them just because I can't imagine having to part with them!

You see, this was "my" group from the very beginning... our team shares and leads various groups that come here to serve and learn throughout the year and since my internship is coming to a close, this was 'my' group. And it couldn't have been a bigger blessing in my life!

They went from being the Gloria Dei youth group, to being a family... and I got to be # 23 in that family! We shared meals, testimonies, laughs, and some tears. They continued to go above and beyond what was asked of them, and a few of them even had me take them back out on to the street to pass out more water even though it was time to go back! I saw them go from being timid or unaware of the homeless on the streets of San Diego to calling them brothers and sisters. I saw them move past comfort zones and exhaustion to be the salt and light of the world. And of course we also had some dance breaks and group hugs along the way! So as they board their plane back to Chi Town, I can't help but feel a little piece of me going with them. I'll keep those memories and life lessons learned because of them, with me for many years to come. Oh and remember... YOU NEED TO CUT IT ;)

Love y'all,
Chloe # 23

No comments:

Post a Comment