Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hello All!
Today was an emotional rollercoaster! We went to the church service here at new vision and it was amazing to say the least. It was just so amazing to see a community like the one here come together and be able to celebrate God! I was just so overwhelmed by all of it and the emotions of being here in San Diego I started crying. We’ve only been here 2 days and I’ve already seen how much help is needed here. I am looking forward to the amazing week ahead of us! After the service we went to a community lunch where I got to see all the locals and enjoy some fellowship. After that we went to mission beach and enjoyed jumping over the waves and shopping around. 
Much Love, 
Josie 

Hello from somewhere where it’s colder that Chicago! Ha!
No, really it’s a good 20 degrees colder here. Today was a lot-a-fun, we started the day with showers and breakfast with the church, then a full worship service with some of the most fun people around, we were given almost a full 15 minutes just to say high to the congregation and shake hands with all of the people, we  followed that up with a lunch where we got to meet with members more personally and listen to their story, it was our first real encounter with the population we’ll be working with over the course of our trip. we followed that up with a day at the beach where I pretty much swam in the ocean for a long time, afterwards we helped out set up a movie night that was being hosted by the church hosting us. There were bounce houses, food, and more games than we needed. We got to play with the kids and it was a lot-a-fun all followed up by Zootopia and then a nice night’s sleep. 
Peace Out,
Ben


Hey everyone! 
So today at night we all ran a movie night with two bouncy houses and a bunch of games. I ran the game stations with Nolan, Dylan and Jacob, and I got to talk with some of the amazing children that worship at New Vision. I met a little girl named Lily and she introduced me to her doll who was also named Lily. She was truly sweet, and just happy to be there playing with the old balls that we found in the back of the youth room. She showed me how to be truly happy with just having the opportunity to make an impact, like putting a smile on people’s faces. As we all continue this week, which will 100% be not only physically but emotionally exhausting, she reminded me that I am so so lucky to be able to make an impact in people’s lives. Whether than is simply giving them my bag of chips, giving them a smile, or listening to their story, Lily reminded me that sometimes just a person’s presence and attention is the most needed thing. 
I hope you all have a blessed week, and thank you for keeping all of us in your thoughts and prayers
Love,

Cassie :)







No comments:

Post a Comment